Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Knife of Never Letting Go Review





The Knife of Never Letting Go
Author: Patrick Ness
Series: Chaos Walking
Book #: 1 out of 3
Read: July 29, 2012 - August 2, 2012
My Rating: 5 stars

Author's Synopsis:
Prentisstown isn't like other towns. Everyone can hear everyone else's thoughts in an overwhelming, never-ending stream of Noise. Just a month away from the birthday that will make him a man, Todd and his dog, Manchee -- whose thoughts Todd can hear too, whether he wants to or not -- stumble upon an area of complete silence. They find that in a town where privacy is impossible, something terrible has been hidden -- a secret so awful that Todd and Manchee must run for their lives.

But how do you escape when your pursuers can hear your every thought?


Jenkies' Review:
This book was recommended to me by one of my coworkers. She raved about how great it was and I immediately went out and requested it from the library. About half way through this book, I requested the second one from the library because I was already that into it. It has pretty short chapters, so it's easy to read a chapter while - let's say you are warming something up in the microwave!

The way that this book starts out is hilarious. I read the first page and basically re-read it word for word to my husband immediately after. 

I got so hooked in this book that when it was a sad moment or anything, I even cried. (Side Note: I try to avoid books that are known for being sad - pretty much anything that is written by Nicholas Sparks.) I gasped at shocking moments and probably even started to get short with my husband and daughter because I was feeling stressed at times too. It has a great story-line and if you are looking for a book that wraps everything up at the end, this is definitely not one of those books. It left it with a huge cliffhanger and now I'm waiting to get an email from the library to tell me the next one is in!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...