Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Storm Front Review



Storm Front
Author: Jim Butcher
Series: The Dresden Files
Book #: 1 out of 14
Read: July 24, 2012 - July 27, 2012
My Rating: 5 stars


Author's Synopsis:
The novels of the Dresden Files have become synonymous with action-packed urban fantasy and non-stop fun. Storm Front is Jim Butcher's first novel and introduces his most famous and popular character-Harry Dresden, wizard for hire.
For his first case, Harry is called in to consult on a grisly double murder committed with the blackest of magic. At first, the less-than-solvent Harry's eyes light up with dollar signs. But where there's black magic, there's a black mage. Now, that black mage knows Harry's name. And things are about to get very...interesting.

Jenkies' Review:
This book was something that I would classify as an "easy read". It moved rather quickly for me, which is great. I don't like it when books drag any one particular scene on too long.  The biggest thing that I enjoyed about the book was the humor. Harry Dresden is the main character in this book and when he narrated the story, it really felt like he was just talking to an old friend. It really helped me connect. While, I'm not a wizard or anything cool like that, it was great to be able to connect to the character. The only thing that I would have liked to see was more development with the potential love interest. Since I have yet to read the other books in this series, it very well could be something that is included throughout them. While I have not read many books that were of the sci-fi genre, this was a great book to start with. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that was on the fence with them. It definitely will persuade you to come to the other side. Jim Butcher definitely has made me a fan and I've only read one of his books so far! Now onto the next one...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...