Sunday, August 5, 2012

Prowl Review


Prowl
Author: Amber Garza
Series: Prowl Trilogy
Book #: 1 out of 3
Read: August 2, 2012 - August 5, 2012
My Rating: 4 stars

Author's Synopsis:
Seventeen-year-old Mackenzie Smith is sent away to spend a boring summer at her grandma's. But then she meets Wesley. He tells her exactly what she wants to hear and has information about her past that no one else knows. It's almost like he can read her mind.

Only Wesley isn't who he seems.

By the time Mackenzie discovers his true identity it may be too late. She's in too deep and he won't let her go. Now Mackenzie must call on the strongest power of all in order to save her life.


Jenkies' Review:
I found this book to be very interesting and a different story from any that I have read before. Although most of the time I was able to guess what was happening before it did.

The reason I rated it a 4 vs a 5 is because there were a few things that didn't quite flow for me. Sometimes it felt like answers were convenient. I did find some things that editing must have missed in the book, but that is really only if I am going to be picky with it.

Overall, I'd be interested to see where the 2nd book goes with this story and see if the things that I felt were convenient end up having more sustenance to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...