Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's 2014 already?

I'll spare you the excuses of a busy life and just give you a brief update...where do I begin?

  • Bought our very first home on Valentine's day last year!
  • Adopted a puppy! (smaller one in the picture to the right)
  • My daughter broke her arm! :(
  • My mom dislocated her elbow the next day... (seriously...)
  • I got a promotion at work...but missed out on my planned vacation with family. I had to stay home while they still went up north.
  • Lots of work outside had to be done including a garden, updating the old barn out back, weeding, digging up buried rocks..etc.
Anyway, I'm back! I am still reading although I haven't read nearly as much as I wanted to. I'll get back to do some book reviews. I've also decided to try to use this to keep myself motivated to lose some weight! What more perfect thing to do than share my experiences online for everyone to read? Haha. <--that was a nervous laugh, btw.

I'll break this into a couple of sections for reading and the health aspect.

Health Diary:
January 11, 2013 -

A coworker and myself are going to compete in a weight loss competition at work. This officially doesn't start until February 1st, but we decided to start early. She has previously lost a bunch of weight doing the Atkins diet. Of course, I've heard bad things about this diet and am a little skeptical, but since I'm willing to try anything to help - let's do this! Plus, she is only intending to just jump-start it this way for a week. That shouldn't be too bad anyway.

So, let's start with the first thing I think we should do. Plan my meals for next week. I'm going to go shopping tomorrow to pick up items to help with this Atkins-endeavor. 

It is very overwhelming to choose what to eat. I want to make smart decisions, but I also don't want to end up with half-eaten items that I didn't really care for that cost me an arm and a leg.

I started a couple of the popular challenges out there today. I have done the plank and squat day 1. Today I'm feeling okay because it is the beginning, but I can definitely see where these will be more difficult ones.

Side Note: Working out with a puppy is interesting. He thinks I'm playing when I get on the floor to do some sort of move the DVD has told me...so it adds an element of pushing him away from me.

Book Update:
I've recently read Delirium by Lauren Oliver.

This is a classic dystopian story. At least so far. I'm only one book in so far out of the trilogy. At times during the story it seemed to drag a little. For the most part I was able to guess what was going to happen in the book, but that certainly doesn't stop me from enjoying it! 

I'll do a more thorough book review after I complete the trilogy. I think that would be fair to wait until I can judge how the whole story will turn out.




I'll update tomorrow after I go on my dreaded shopping trip for strictly healthy foods! Wish me luck since I'm taking my 6-year old daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...